Our “X”Series Filters—Does what software can’t do!
Highest Quality and Value filters
• Provides a 1 f/stop reduction in light transmission
â€‹• 16 Layers of Multicoating provides up to 99% light transmission.
• All metal slim rings, will not vignette on wide angle lenses
• Double threaded to accept other filters or accessories
• Pure Optical Glass
• Reduces light transmission
• Dued in the mass glass
• Neutral, no color shift.
• Helpful in very bright conditions, such as snow and beach scenes
A neutral density filter (as the name implies) is a filter which is color neutral, but reduces light transmission.
In photography. the amount of light which reaches the sensor can be controlled by the ISO sensitivity, the aperature (f/stop) of the lens, and the shutter speed. There may be times when a necessary effect can be acheived only by using a lens at the wider aperatures (for out of focus backgrounds for example.) Using a Neutral Density filter can allow you to maintain a wider aperature by reducing the light reaching the sensor.
Our ND filters have 16 layers of multucoating to prevent ubwaanted reflections.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 22 July, 2016.